Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting and Heath bar
The countdown to Halloween to bring in the Fall Season week two. The funny thing about this recipe is that I stumbled upon it while getting my hair done! It was in a "House Beautiful" magazine. It was a must-bake recipe and it turned out to be very tasty. My Dad rated it an 8 stars out of 10! That's pretty darn good in his books!
1 cup of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 large eggs
1 cup of canned pumpkin (8- ounces)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 brown sugar
1/2 vegetable oil
1/2 coarsely chopped Heath Bars :)
- Preheat over to 350 degrees and spray muffin tins with vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg
- In a larger bowl whisk together the eggs, pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar, and vegetable oil.
- Add the flour mixture in the larger bowl and stir until completely combined.
- Divide the batter among the prepared tins and bake for 20-25 minutes
- Let cool completely
Cream Cheese Frosting
6 ounces of cream cheese
3 tablespoons of butter, unsalted
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups of confectioners sugar
- Mix all ingredients into a bowl at a low speed adding the ingredients in one at a time. Mix until smooth
- Spread the frosting on the pumpkin cupcakes and sprinkle the Heath bar on top
I hope this recipe bring smiles and yummms and will be the next hit for your friends and family fall season!