Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sewing Guru in the Works...

Friends:
It's been TWO weeks since I blogged! I not only have been crazy busy with a nephew on the way, school, and work but I bought my first sewing a machine. Definitely one of the best purchases I have ever made! Not that I have tons of time, but trust me every spare minute I seem to be making something just for giggles!

TAH-DA.. Here is the Beauty! It could not be more perfect for me. It 's like sewing for dummies! It does anything and everything I would ever need it to do and has step by step and everything in between!

So I am a beginner, let's remember that. My mom says to me all the time that "It's like a 15 year old getting a new car with no driving courses," and my dad the first day says "Be careful I don't want to be rushing you to the emergency room." So embarrassing! Well I will show them!

I so far have sewn:
  • Dog dresses
  • Curtains
  • Couch pillows
  • In the process of a T-shirt blanket


                                                            Pillows for Dick's couch

Curtain for Dick's room. His room is the nautical look!  Ikea actually sells
really fun printed material.



That is all for the moment but you never know what could be coming out of the wood works for the upcoming holidays! Me and Hobby Lobby are best friends these days as my heart skips a beat when I walk through the doors! :)Sewing might be a new obession!

-Abigail-


No comments:

Post a Comment